The Access Shuttle is an on campus ride service provided at no cost to students, faculty, staff, and visitors with conditions that limit mobility.
Hours of Operation
The shuttle operates Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. There is not shuttle service on Saturday, Sunday, or on university recognized holidays.
Area of Operation
The Access Shuttle is an on campus service which provides transportation to university facilities. The service does not extend to non-university facilities or off campus residences. Requests for Access Shuttle service at off campus residences that border campus or are along primary shuttle routes may be accommodated on a case-by-case basis, subject to availability.
Requests for scheduled rides, including continuing schedules from previous terms, should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the start of a new term. Schedules will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
Changes to Schedules
As a scheduled and shared ride service, delays adversely affect all who use the shuttle. As such, riders are asked to provide notification of cancellations as soon as is possible, and at a minimum 30 minutes prior to a scheduled pick up. Notification of ride cancelations should be made by phone to the Access Shuttle directly by calling 541-852-2561.
In the event that a rider misses their first pick-up of the day and fails to notify the shuttle driver, all subsequent rides that day will be cancelled. Riders are expected to be visible and at the scheduled pick-up location 5 minutes early. Services will be terminated for riders who miss three days in a five-day week without prior notification.
A concerted effort will be made to provide service to any eligible student, faculty, or staff member who needs assistance with on-campus transportation. Should conflicts arise, service will be guided by the following priorities:
- Students with permanent disabilities to scheduled classes and class activities.
- Students with temporary disabilities to scheduled classes and class activities.
- Faculty and staff with permanent or temporary disabilities to work-related business functions at university facilities.
- Students with permanent or temporary disabilities to campus services (Health Center, libraries, etc.) and activities (Student Recreation Center, Beall Hall, EMU, etc.).
- Visitors on university business to university facilities, where arrangements have been scheduled at least 72 hours in advance.
- Unscheduled call-ins.