Transportation Services Office Operations
For Fall 2021, the Transportation Services office has the following operation changes:
- Office is open Monday through Friday from 8am to 3pm.
- All permit sales may be conducted through the parking portal. In office assistance is available during the hours above.
- Most customer questions and inquiries will be answered through emailing email@example.com.
- Phones will only be monitored during business hours and voicemail is not available.
- Cash cannot be used for payment of permits or citations.
New Parking Portal
Transportation Services has implemented a new interface for ordering permits, updating account information, and addressing parking tickets.
Available through the new portal:
- Commuter permits can be purchased by the academic term, 30-day and day.
- Overnight permits for residents of on campus and off campus housing can be obtained.
- Contractors and Visitors can purchase permits.
- Departments can sign up for accounts to purchase visitor parking on behalf of others.
- For large events university departments can email permit invitations, and only be charged for those that are redeemed.
- Permit holders can update vehicle information.
- Parking tickets can be paid or appealed.
- Permit return requests can be initiated.
New Permit Options
This year Transportation Services is implementing Zonal parking and term permits.
View more information about the new zonal parking program, visit our Zonal Parking page.
Transportation Services has transitioned to a 'virtual' permit. Hangtags or placards are no longer required. Instead, Transportation Services is using License Plate Recognition (LPR) technology that uses your vehicle's license plate as your 'permit'. Permit holders can use the new parking portal to add and update their vehicle information. This new technology supports temporary plate replacements, for times when you are borrowing another vehicle or driving a rental.
Temporary Refunds for Visitor and Daily Parker permits
In March 2020, the University of Oregon transitioned to virtual permit and License Plate Recognition (LPR) parking system. Prior to this transition, physical visitor hangtag permits and daily dashboard permits were issued with far ranging future expiration dates. Transportation Services recognizes that many of these permits may still be in circulation and wants to provide permit holders an opportunity to return these permits for a refund. The following refund rules have been established to enable refunds:
- Only Visitor Hangtags and Daily Dashboard Permits purchased by UO departments, employees or students and issued January 2018 or later are eligible for refunds.
- Permits must be returned to Transportation Services at 1401 Walnut Street prior to December 31, 2021 to be eligible for a refund.
- A refund request form must accompany returned permit(s).
- Transportation Services may deny refund requests if unable to verify the permit is associated with the refund requestor.
- Departments will be refunded through an internal journal voucher.
- Employees or students will be refunded through a check.
The new Millrace Garage and the 13th Ave Garage now have entry and exit license plate recognition hardware. Visitors will continue to pull tickets on entry. Only credit card payments are accepted at the garage exit. Cash and Credit card payments are accepted at the pay station on level 2 of the 13th Ave garage.
Some zonal permits allow access to one or both garages without pulling a ticket. Visit the Zonal Parking page to learn more.
Supporting a new pay by license plate system, meters have been removed across campus. Visitors may pay for parking by:
- Downloading the Parkmobile app to pay for parking virtually. The Parkmobile app supports extending your parking time without returning to your vehicle and reminders when your parking session will expire. Use Zone "7447" for campus parking.
- Use one of the new paystations located conveniently around pay to park areas.