Transportation Services Office Operations
This academic year, the Transportation Services office will have modified operations:
New Parking Portal
Transportation Services has implemented a new interface for ordering permits, updating account information, and addressing parking tickets.
Available through the new portal:
- Most Faculty/Staff and Student permits can be purchased by the month, term, academic or calendar year.
- Overnight permits for residents of on campus and off campus housing can be obtained.
- Contractors and Visitors can purchase permits.
- Departments can sign up for accounts to purchase visitor parking on behalf of others.
- For large events university departments can email permit invitations, and only be charged for those that are redeemed.
- Permit holders can update vehicle information.
- Parking tickets can be paid or appealed.
- Permit return requests can be initiated.
Try out the new parking portal.
New Permit Options
This year, there are new, flexible permit options to better support changing schedules:
- $5 day parking rate, available to both Faculty/Staff and Students.
- 'Floating' 30 day permit, allowing start and stop times that don't have to match up with the beginning or end of a month.
- Academic term, academic year, and calendar year permits.
- Sales will be pro-rated to the week.
Starting on September 1, Transportation Services transitioned to a 'virtual' permit. Hangtags or placards will no longer be required. Instead, Transportation Services is using License Plate Recognition (LPR) technology that uses your vehicle's license plate as your 'permit'. Permit holders can use the new parking portal to add and update their vehicle information. This new technology supports temporary plate replacements, for times when you are borrowing another vehicle or driving a rental.
The 13th Ave Garage now has new entry and exit license plate recognition hardware. Visitors will continue to pull tickets on entry. Only credit card payments are accepted at the garage exit. Cash and Credit card payments are accepted at the pay station on level 2.
Faculty/Staff permit holders with a permit of at least 3 months duration may park in the garage at no additional cost.
Tips for use:
- Download FlashPark app and verify your license plates are registered
- If license plate entry is not working, scan FlashPark App’s barcode or press OPEN GATE via Bluetooth
- Wait at the green kiosk until the gate arm opens then drive forward
- Customer service assistance available by pushing the HELP button on the kiosk
- Prox cards no longer work in the 13th Avenue Garage
Supporting a new pay by license plate system, meters have been removed across campus. Visitors may pay for parking by:
- Downloading the Parkmobile app to pay for parking virtually. The Parkmobile app supports extending your parking time without returning to your vehicle and reminders when your parking session will expire. Use Zone "7447" for campus parking.
- Use one of the new paystations located conveniently around pay to park areas.