Term Permit Purchase Information
Term permits open for purchase five weeks before the new permit starts. Each purchase period follows three phases:
Week 1, Renewal Begins: Existing term permit holders can renew, or be added to the waitlist, in their same zone by following our easy renewal process. Existing term permit holders who plan to switch zones should wait until Swap Week, and then follow the normal permit order process.
Example: B-West permit holders can renew for the next term in B-West, and only in B-West.
Week 2, Swap Week: During Swap Week, existing term permit holders can renew into their same commuter zone, or switch to a different commuter zone if availability exists. Existing term permit holders can also join the waitlist for a zone where permits are sold out. When switching zones, follow the normal permit order process.
Example: B-West permit holders can renew for the next term in B-West, or switch to another such as A-Central or B-East.
Week 3, Open Sales: Any eligible person can purchase a permit in any available zone or join a waitlist. This week is also the last week that Payroll Deduction and Student Billing may be used as payment options for the term.
After open sales begin, term permits can be purchased at any time until the expiration date, subject to availability. Term permits purchased after the start date will be pro-rated on a weekly basis.
Spring Term 2023
- February 20, 10 AM: Renewal Begins. Payroll Deduction and Student Billing Allowed.
- February 27, 10 AM: Swap Week. Payroll Deduction and Student Billing Allowed.
- March 6, 10 AM: Open Sales Begin. Payroll Deduction and Student Billing Allowed.
- March 13, 10 AM: Payroll Deduction and Student Billing no longer a payment option.
- March 27: Spring Term permits are active.
Easy Renewal Process
If you are renewing a term permit in the same zone you are currently in, there is an easy process to obtain the new permit simply and quickly.
- Login to the Parking Portal (uoregon.aimsparking.com)
- You will see a notice telling you that a permit is eligible to renew. Select the 'Details' button on the right.
- You should now see the details of your existing permit. At the bottom, there is a yellow 'Renew Permit' button.
- You will need to agree to the terms of service again.
- The price and duration of the new permit will now be at the bottom of the page. Select the red 'Renew Permit Now' button to place the new permit in your cart.
- Pay for the permit with the method of your choice.