Traveling by bus or train is usually the cheapest and most comfortable way to get to and from Eugene. Although specific amenities vary by service, Amtrak and most bus companies now provide power outlets, wifi, and onboard bathrooms. Below is a list of the options serving Eugene.
The train tends to be the roomiest travel option, with the most onboard amenities offered. Amtrak can accommodate more baggage than other services, and might be the best choice if you're traveling with more luggage than normal. There are two train routes serving Eugene. Amtrak Cascades runs from Eugene north to Vancouver, BC with stops in many cities along the way. The Coast Starlight route runs from Seattle to Los Angeles, with a stop in Eugene.
Directions to Eugene Amtrak Station:
- Board an LTD bus going to Eugene Station
- Students, Faculty, and Staff ride for free by showing their University ID
- While multiple routes go downtown from UO, the EmX Bus Rapid Transit comes every 10 minutes
- From Eugene Station, walk six blocks north on Willamette street
The State of Oregon funds a bus service to supplement Amtrak service between Eugene and Portland. Running six trips a day, tickets are sold through the Amtrak website and the bus stops right on the University of Oregon campus.
- Go to the University of Oregon Law School bus stop
- That's it. Nice, right?
Bolt Bus offers fewer trips per day between Eugene and Portland, but will offer fares as low as $12 one way.
- Board an EmX bus going downtown
- Get off at the High Street Station
- Walk six blocks north on High Street
- The Bolt bus stop is located outside 5th Street Public Market
Greyhound has more destinations than any other service. Greyhound shares space in LTD's Springfield station, so getting there is simple and easy.
Eugene Airport (EUG)
There are no scheduled bus or shuttle trips from campus. Instead, those flying out of the Eugene airport use one of the numerous taxi or shuttle services in town. An up to date list can be found on the airport website.
Portland Airport (PDX)
There is currently only one operator providing direct service to and from the Portland airport. Groome Transportation provides 21 shuttle trips a day. There are multiple stop locations in Eugene and the University of Oregon Law School bus stop is the most convenient for students living on campus. Visit the Groome Transportation website for more information.